November 19, 2020
Dear New Hope Family,
It is certainly interesting times we live in and a season that has been uncharted territory for our city.
As you may have read, but if not, we’ve attached a letter from Hendrick Health, regarding the current situation with Covid-19 and its effect in our community.
Currently, they are at a critical juncture and find themselves asking for the help of our community in helping bring a flattening of the curve to the current trajectory of Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations. They are also seeking for us to keep as much of our economy as possible.
We as a church want to join our community leaders in seeking to bring a solution to this growing problem in our city. So, we as a church have made a difficult, but we feel necessary decision, to cancel our in-person services for the Sundays of November 22 and 29.
Wednesday night’s service, November 25 was already cancelled due to Thanksgiving.
All services and ministry events will be cancelled through November 29.
• We will still offer our Sunday services ONLINE ONLY @ 9:30am for prayer and 10:00 for service
• These services online will include all the normal elements such as live worship, important announcements, a timely message, and an opportunity to receive prayer.
• We will continue to have, at the end of our services, key prayer points from our prayer partners and pastoral staff (that they feel strongly God has highlighted to them). If you’d like to receive prayer for one of these prayer points, or for anything in your life, you can text (325) 270-3499 or call 325-795-2222. We’ll have pastors available to visit with you on the phone and to pray with you. We’ll also have online hosts that can chat with you privately and pray for you via that chat.
• We are still able to receive our regular tithes and offerings as a blessing to our community. We want to encourage everyone to join us in giving online. About 60% of our church family already uses this great tool to invest in the kingdom. Also, you may consider setting your online giving to be recurring for your convenience during this time. If you have already downloaded our church app it is super easy, just push the giving button. Here is a link for online giving. https://www.newhopeabilene.com/giving
• Please continue to be in prayer for those who have been affected by this virus and ask the Lord to remove this from our city and Nation.
You can still help us be proactive and wise (we cannot reiterate these enough). Please continue to be mindful of the recommendations from the CDC:
• If you or someone in your family is sick, please stay home (except to get medical care) and avoid exposing that sickness to others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If you have traveled to a high-risk area, please observe the recommended 14-day self-quarantine and refrain from attending church events, groups, and services until the 14-day timeframe has been observed.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and make appropriate decisions concerning our services, ministries, and church events as needed. Please be sure to frequently visit our website or follow us on social media in case we need to communicate any significant changes or updates quickly.
We look prayerfully to the time when we can worship in person together!
Pastor Chuck & The NHC Staff